Saturday, March 9, 2013

How to make a mail artist

Tomorrow is mother's day in England.  Our children never know what to do.  Should they celebrate me on the English day or the American day? I guess Hudson decided my big day would be tomorrow.  My reward for being his mother was what every mail art mum would want - mail art!
I thought it would be interesting to trace Hudson's artistic roots as I take at least a bit of credit for who he is today.. And they say scientists and artists share playfulness and that drive to experiment.

When we moved to Singapore Hudson was  a year old.  I was concerned that in pristine Singapore Hudson began his art education so I set up 'painting class'.  We sang 'Willoghby wallaby woo' and 'if you're happy and you know it walk on the triangle', painted, built things, ate play dough, etc, with a group of 8-10 mothers and toddlers once or twice or even four times a week in my living room.  


Not convinced that painting class woud be enough, knowing that Hudson needed to see that men are artists too, Jane and I encouraged Pamela and our husbands to bring our children together to make things 


So, you can imagine my delight when Hudson's mother's day mailart arrived today!

In case you can't read his doctor scrawl it says, ' Look what I got them to do.  Love from p-block making.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment