Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What's black and white and re(a)d all over?


A Jon Foster tape transfer, of course! So much that speaks to me in this mailing.  The zebra's stripes, the red LIFE , words 'plastic, grease, reproduction' and all those pieces of words, peeling off a wall somewhere. 

So when I looked at the other side first I thought about Jon and teaching English and that word 'Absalom' leapt out at me - a girl reading Faulkner in a freshman seminar, and then I realised we were talking religion. I am oblivious.  Once there was a girl who was given a copy of Exodus which she read while recuperating in an East African town that she finished and left in the room, not thinking that it might cause insult…

Nothing insulting here, just another wonderful Jon Foster tape transfer!  Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment