Monday, February 22, 2016

Jude is playing games with DaDa at 100


Jude's tribute to DaDa arrived in the same mail bag that Aristide 3108's did.  Fittingly, Jude has used gold and included a stamp of Emmy Henning's, Hugo Ball's wife.  Jude captures the spirit of fun they must have had performing, making art and poetry in unsettled times. 

I found Jude's game confounding… I pulled on the rubber bands, trying to get the lines and words to spin, but immediately tore the holes.  I put tape over them and tried again.  I guess I'm just not enough of a kid at heart! Or I missed the point.

I like the rhythm  of DaDa or Dada. DaDa music for the opus.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca, the disk is a thaumatrope -- you twirl the rubber bands and images come together in your eye. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon.
    Thanks for solving the puzzle--I will make one to try out.

    ReplyDelete