Thursday, May 5, 2016

Every day honorific from Marie Wintzer



I saw on IUOMA that in Seine  received this same card from Marie a little while ago.  I had received mine, but have only just got around to blogging again because I've been whitewashing my studio walls. URGH. I read his blog but his reading was not going to be my reading, I was pretty sure of that.

I have been mulling Marie's Radiograms ever since I started receiving them. One day I will dig them all out and put them together to see what the reading is as a group. When they arrive as one message I hear them less as speaking but more as pleading.  A few words in capitals on an area that could take more feels very important.  It wants to be understood, or does it?

I had that feeling when you are doing the crossword when you sort of know a word, even though it's a word you have never used yourself.  I don't know a word of Japanese but when I read the radiogram the first time I thought it said EVERY DAY SENSE with an upside down exclamation mark, spanish style.  When I looked the second time  I said 'sensei' - I don't even know how to pronounce it.  One translation has  'a person born before another' and another translation has 'a teacher'.

I love Marie's inexplicable radiograms.  It doesn't bother me at all that they are so open-ended.  Marie is an enigma and what is meaning, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment